Nothing screams “summer” like a kid in an ice cream store like a great pair of sandals. But in a good way.
Yet if you buy a pair that doesn’t fit quite right, you can be in for a summer of pain instead of one of pleasure.
If you’ve ever endured cuts on the sides of your ankles from ill-fitting buckles, or sweaty feet that slip out of your sandal you’ll know what I mean.
Each summer I invest in a new pair of sandals, and am on the look out for a pair that not only feel great, and look fabulous, but can take me to a number of different occasions.
These sandals are designed by a Brisbane Podiatrist, and all include additional cushioning and support, which ensure you have a comfy ride.
The sandals I’ve chosen both have heel support too which means days on your feet won’t be a pain. Plus, they are adjustable across the width of your foot – perfect if yours are kinda wide like mine.
The Penni Sandals
A nude sandal with a low wedge, these babies are practical enough for chasing after the little ones, but are stylish and versatile so they’ll work just as well with a pair of denim shorts as they do with your favourite maxi.
Featuring new patented ‘sweet spot’ technology – with all that cushiony goodness – the PeNNI sandal has a secret feature that I adore: they are secured with a Velcro strap, and a faux buckle, so you can flick them off in a hurry – especially important when you’re shopping for clothes (sale time!), wanna jump into the sandpit or have a go on the trampoline with the kids.
With leather uppers, lining and a super-soft leather footbed, these will mould themselves to your feet, while letting them breathe – especially great if your feet tend to perspire a lot in warmer weather.
Nude-coloured sandals will create the illusion of long, lush legginess. So get your pins flash-worthy with regular exfoliating, a slick of fake tan, and handfuls of rich, creamy body butters. And as the spotlight is on your toes, invest in a shellac or gel pedicure that’ll remain shiny and chip-free for weeks. Orange and coral shades will enhance your (fake) tan.
- Long, flowing maxis catch the summer breeze. Look for one with a thigh-high split, or knot it at mid-length to showcase your sandals and to make it easier to run like the wind.
- Partner with geometric patterns and crisp, tailored pieces that mirror the straps on your sandals for a modern, head-to-toe eye-fest. Slicked back hair will complete the look.
- Wear your favorite, fun, patterned skirt with a white collared shirt for a fresh, crisp look. Roll up the sleeves to keep it relaxed.
- Think ‘flowing, romantic and hippy-esque’. Long maxi dresses and skirts or breezy kaftans teamed with easy, free-range hair plus jangly accessories.
- Team above-the-knee tunic dresses with a long pendant and oversized shades for a chic, boho look.
- Wear with a short flowy dress– an inch or two above the knees and belted at the waist for a classic, feminine silhouette.
- Try lightweight baggy pants that taper in at the ankle, ending an inch or so before the top of the sandal, for a dreamy genie inspired look. Top with a fitted tank and finish with metallic accessories.
The BELINDA Sandal
The perfect combo of leg-lengthening height and zero-wobbles-while-walking practicality. These wedges are the ultimate day to night sandal that’ll take you from a chilled out BBQ to a sizzling date with ease.
With a lightweight wedge sole that features Latest signature ‘Sweet Spot’ cushioning, the BELiNDA a great choice for all those summer events when you find yourself on your feet for long hours at a time – so you can say goodbye to the bare-footed walk of shame later in the day.
And I love the enclosed heel and low ankle buckle which keeps these wedges securely on your feet, meaning you’re less likely to topple over when you’re on the go.
- Roll up your comfy boyfriend jeans to flash a couple of inches of ankle, and top with a tank or sleeveless shirt for a chilled-out but still-smart look.
- Crisp shorts, topped with a 3/4 sleeved striped Breton T-shirt channels Riviera chic. Just add red lipstick, black sunnies, and a large straw tote.
- A long maxi skirt or dress will create the perfect mess of feminine swishiness. Accessories with the largest wide-brimmed hat you can get your hands on, and a pair of cats-eye sunglasses for glam.
- Pair high-waisted, slightly flared blue jeans with wedges, a cute t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a hair flick for a leggy, Charlie’s Angels-inspired look.
- A fresh, white summer shift, a mid height wedge and clear Perspex shades says “I’ve got summer in my pocket, and it’s staying there for keeps.”