Got girl? Then you know—there are just some things that only moms of girls truly get. Whether your girl is in princess gear 24/7 or loves to wear camo and ride her skateboard, there are definitely things all girl moms share.
1. You have 17 hair elastics, crayons, a headband and a smattering of Rainbow Loom rubber bands in your purse at all times.
2. You know all the latest teen shorthand—well beyond OMG and LOL—so you can keep up with her life on Instagram and Twitter.
3. Each new activity requires an outfit change for your wee one, even a simple trip to the grocery store.
4. You do laundry every day. Every damn day. See #3 above.
5. You know exactly how to deal with monkey bar blisters so that they heal quickly with a minimal amount of recess time spent off the bars.
6. Your latest trip to the emergency room involved a stuffed animal, a kid’s hot chocolate from Starbucks, a selfie on Instagram and a full-arm cast filled with signatures from all her new BFFs at the hospital.
7. Nicknames err on the side of cute—no Dude, Little Man or Bruiser in your house.
8. Every stuffed animal in your house has a name. And you have memorized every one of them.
9. You can act out entire scenes from “Frozen,” playing all characters without missing a line.
10. You get almost as excited about a Taylor Swift concert as your kid does.
11. Your kitchen table has glue permanently lodged into the small crevices from all the craft projects you’ve attempted—and you’re OK with that.
12. Your garage is overflowing with sports equipment that’s color coordinated with the cleats. Lacrosse, soccer, softball? All matching.
13. There are five different versions of a ponytail you can create in just the amount of time it takes the stoplight to turn green.
14. An entire drawer in your bathroom is devoted to nail polish.
15. You have six different colors of edible glitter in your cupboard, for those impromptu cupcakes.
16. Your heart has exploded over a mud-covered little girl uttering the simple phrase, “Wuv you Mommy!”